It being November and with the holiday season approaching, many people will be traveling around the country. It also makes sense to write a blog on airport traveling because I am currently in an airport waiting for my connection flight. I have been here for an hour already and still have an hour to go.
Airports are not the fun experience that they used to be. Now they are over-crowded and the people who work there are uncaring for anyone else’s problems. I recently (2 weeks ago) missed a connection because my first flight arrived late. By the time I got to LAX the only flights left to Santa Barbara where on a different airline. I was told by the customer service desk that in order to get on a different airline I would have to run to the other terminal and speak to a representative. This involved me exiting my current terminal and running, with all of my bags, a literal mile to the United terminal. When I got there, I explained my problem to the ticket assistant. They told me they couldn’t help me in anyway and I had to go back to my previous terminal (a mile away). They also told me I would be stuck at the airport for the night. On the verge of a mental breakdown, I walked back a mile to the American terminal. It was here that a nice lady told me it would be alright and she would help me. She gave me a coupon for a free stay at the holiday Inn and booked me on a very early flight the next morning.
All my problems could have been helped if, in the beginning, someone had said they would do their best to help me. People who fly want to enjoy their trip. It is easy to forget about customer service, but this is one of the most important parts of the traveling experience. Airlines need to step up their game in this department.
No comments:
Post a Comment