I was born and raised in a small town in Northern California. For my entire life, until I went to college, I lived on a ranch or a nearby townhouse. In January of 2011 I found out that my parents were moving to Kentucky. This obviously came as an extreme shock to both my sister and I. This wasn’t just a move to a different town, but across the nation. At first, I was totally against it, but then when I thought about what it meant for my parents, I decided it was for the best.
After moving to Kentucky shortly after, I found that the state had something to offer that California didn’t. Having never spent significant time in a eastern state, I didn’t realize the difference in lifestyle. In Kentucky, people make a visitor feel welcome like no place I have ever been before. When I go out to eat at local restaurants, people ask if I am new in the area and ask where I am from. The pace is also strikingly slower. People don’t feel the need to rush like those in California.
Although I have found a new place to call home, California will never be replaced. I want to grow old and raise a family there. It is always great to experience other things and I am glad my parents decided to move there. California will always be my home.
No comments:
Post a Comment